Our Wish List consists of various items that range from simple items the residents use daily to the larger needs of the organization. When these items are donated, we are able to use valuable operating funds to improve living and lifestyle conditions. Of course, tax deductible cash donations are always welcome!
Your contributions are vital to the continued growth and success of our programs. We hope you’ll partner with us to help our women and children achieve their dreams! We thank you in advance for your generosity. We welcome community Wish List collection drives! If you have Wish List inquiries, please contact Heather LuGrain, Opening Doors Program Director at 563.690.0086 or email email@example.com.
DROP OFF LOCATIONS:
Teresa Shelter, 1111 Bluff Street – Monday-Saturday (8 AM to Noon, 1 to 4 PM), Sundays anytime
Administrative Office, 2100 Asbury Road, Suite 8 – Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4 PM
- Tax-deductible cash donations (Click here to make an online donation)
- Bed of Hope (For more information visit the Bed of Hope page)
- Gift cards: gas, grocery, movie theater, fast food, pizza, stores
- Gift Card ideas: BP, Dollar Tree, Dominos, Eagles, Hardees, Hartig Drug, Hy-Vee, KFC, McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Staples, Target, Taco John’s, Theisen’s, Walgreens, Wal-Mart
- Bus Tickets
- Cleaning Spray
- Disinfectant Spray (i.e., Lysol)
- Dish Soap
- Ribbon (3/8″ in width/holiday theme)
- Liquid Hand Soap & Refills
- Liquid Laundry Soap
- Holiday plain M&M’s (fall, red/green)
- Basic Make-up (foundations/powders/blush/eye shadows)
- Magic Erasers
NO TV’s PLEASE!
We appreciate all donations and the enormous generosity our community provides to the homeless. It is best to receive items that are new and durable to last for an extended period of time. Please call us in advance to determine our needs. Thank you for your continued support of Opening Doors.
CLOTHING DONATIONS: Due to space limitations at both shelters, we cannot accept donations of clothing, bedding or furniture. However, our staff collaborates with the following organizations where the women can obtain necessary clothing and furniture for their family free of charge with a referral from Opening Doors’ Staff.
- Open Closet, a program at St. John’s Church, 1276 White Street (Please call in advance: 563-495-0885). Our women can find a wide variety of clothing (infant, all sizes men’s & women’s) for themselves and their children at no charge! They also accept bedding, purses, belts, jewelry and shoes.
- St. Vincent DePaul, 1351 Iowa Street (563-584-2225).
- Dubuque Rescue Mission, 398 Main Street (563-583-1394)
BOOKS: St. Vincent DePaul or Goodwill
HOTEL SIZED TOILETRIES
- Food Pantry: 563-583-4440
- Presentation Lantern Center: 563-557-7134
- Open Closet (see above)
- Dubuque Rescue Mission (see above)
TOYS & STUFFED ANIMALS:
- *NEW ONLY* Toys for Tots (Bryce Parks: firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-588-4365)
- Goodwill, St. Vincent’s, area nursing homes
BABY ITEMS: Donations of baby items, including clothing, cribs, etc. can be made to Birthright, 1125 Main Street (563-556-1991)
FURNITURE & HOUSEHOLD ITEMS:
- Dubuque Rescue Mission, St. Vincent’s, Goodwill
LARGE FOOD DONATIONS:
- Dubuque Rescue Mission, St. Patrick’s Church (563-583-9749)
- Mike Muir @ United Clinical Lab 563-582-4919
- Boys & Girls Club: 563-582-4122
- Best Buy: 563-587-0988